Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sights of a Stormy Spring



Submarines, battleships, an aircraft carrier, hydrofoils, sailboats, fishing boats, tugs pulling barges loaded with all sorts of cargo, including layers of smashed cars -- we do see a lot of water traffic, but never before a section of floating bridge. The oldest parts of the Hood Canal floating bridge are being replaced, so they do have to go somewhere else. I wonder where this section will end up.

Today's storm messed with our long distance phone service, right when I needed to call dozens of opera-associated people about the cast party. Thanks to my dear brother they all got a call. It rained so hard our lane was like a creek. During a lull, I did get a bit of gardening in. Oh, a bald eagle just swooped down against a backdrop of a big rainbow. Just a few minutes ago, the sun broke through the clouds and I shot this after missing the cautious flicker that briefly visited the deck.



So far today, I've only had two tiny pieces of the most excruciatingly delicious cake I've ever made. It's not at all photogenic so no photo, but believe me, it is beautiful in the mouth. Very dense and moist and a taste that you just want more and more of. Totally pre-orgasmic. Link to the recipe is up there to the right.

2 comments:

  1. I would totally be distracted by all the boat traffic you have...not to mention the Bald Eagles! Here we have the bass fishermen, the kayakers, the random canoe or rowboat, and some pontoon boats. I have trouble keeping track of the birds and now the bees are back! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!! You paint word pictures as well as visual images. Im so glad you are enjoying the country.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails