Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lost Boy

This little flute player came to me (on a card) from my Auntie Freda way back in the 60's. I dearly loved this image and wanted a big print of it. Years later, I looked for it among my boxes of souvenirs but it was not to be found. Last year, my brother Garry gave me a bunch of stuff he'd been storing for years, photos and letters I'd sent home from my wanderings. To my utter amazement, this same card popped out of a letter I'd written to our flute player brother when he was very young. I must have scanned it onto the Mac because just now it appeared in iPhotos. This is great because the card itself has again gotten lost in the shuffle. We have a big job to do right now, sorting through 18 years of accumulation, preparing for opera singers to rent the house while they're in town for The Ring this summer. This little lost boy is bound to be found again.

2 comments:

  1. What a story! And what a job to clean up and give up your house for the entire Opera season! And the Ring...are they doing the entire Ring this summer? I know LA is doing it in cycles starting last season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have a great time living in the country! Im wondering what trips you have planned in the future? Cute drawing and wonderful line quality.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails