Sunday, April 12, 2009

Opening Night -- What a Night!



I guess that was the biggest thrill I've experienced in a long, long time. Dozens of family and friends turned out to celebrate my opening last night at the Kingston Art Gallery. With the big crowd, J. L. 's amazing piano playing, great food, flowing wine and significant sales, it was quite a night. I greatly appreciate my friends and gallery members for their support and kind words. It makes a big difference.

For some strange reason, I just remembered the disappointment I felt on the first day of kindergarten when my first ever easel painting didn't at all turn out like the vision in my head. Today, I see that I'm a bit closer to nailing that image.

4 comments:

  1. OH Julie, I am very excited for you. How wonderful that you had such a great turnout.
    If you come to California this summer (hint hint) I would love to take you on a little road trip to see my brother's gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great art and good time. I am glad we made it and sorry we couldn't stay longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I could make it over to your opening. Great to see all of your work together. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting yourself "out there" was such a good idea. Im so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails