Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Winter Time is Kitchen Time


The onions, garlic, celery and fennel were already sauteing in the big pot when I started slicing up this glorious geoduc, a giant clam that came from the beach below our house on a super low tide. If this had not been my first ever attempt at geoduc chowder, I would have whacked that thing into tiny bits. Since it has always been quite tender as a barely cooked appetizer, I simply sliced it into thin bands. The chowder was delicious, fragrant, creamy and rich but how did those ultra-chewy rubber bands get in there!! Today, I strained out all the broth and fished out all the clam strips and chopped them into those very necessary tiny bits! Much better. I ate two bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails