Monday, June 29, 2009

What's New

Someone thinks he's getting me up and away at the break of dawn tomorrow but it'll take a crane to get me out of bed that early. Although, it might be worth the effort to catch a glimpse of the deer who has been eating up every rose in sight and who completely devoured my beautiful heuchera "Coral Bells" the night before last. Does and wobbly legged fauns are on the prowl, day and night.

"7 Keys to Great Paintings", chapter on value patterns has my head spinning. It's like a punch in the stomach seeing what I've been missing in my work. I'm excited about the new perspective.

Kingston Art Gallery is Slug City these days with more than 100 hand-painted, fabric-wrapped and beaded beauties awaiting the big day 8/8/09 when they will be hidden and then hunted by officially licensed slug hunters. This is really happening. It's even been featured on Evening Magazine.

We had a big salad tonight with spinach, peas, radishes and different kinds of lettuce all from my little garden! This amazes me, a novice vegetable gardener. One little dried up pea seed produces a huge big vine with lots of pods containing many peas. Something to ponder. Likewise, the new book, reviewed in the Sunday NY Times, "The Evolution of God." Sadly, the author does not embrace Zoroaster but is spot on in other ways, tracing the changing personalities of "God" according to cultural advancements on Earth.

It's already tomorrow and I have a big day of shopping for toilet and sink in the city. I'll probably toss and turn in eager anticipation of such an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails