Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Favorite Polenta Dish


Here's a show n tell about how to make a wonderful layered polenta dish that I've made for dinner parties a few times. This time I made the polenta itself in a slow cooker and it turned out the best ever, only had to be stirred two or three times. Amazing! Don't ever do the nasty stove top version. There's a version you can do in the oven, too. As you see in the photo, it's pretty thick because it's going to cool off, set up, and get cut into squares then triangles. (Isosceles!) Then it gets sprayed with olive oil and goes under the broiler to lightly brown.

I make two sauces: tomato and spinach/gorgonzola. Originally a vegetarian dish, lately I make it with Italian sausage in the tomato sauce.

Build it up in layers and bake for about 45 minutes @ 350. Sprinkle with grated parmesan when it comes out of the oven.
The before baking view. Sorry, I didn't get a photo when it came out of the oven, we were so ready to eat, but it looked good, all bubbly and browned. (I covered the top with foil the last 10 minutes or so.)

3 comments:

  1. Ah ha! So now I learned how to do the LinkWithin, but I still don't know who you put up all the photos for one post. I love your polenta idea. I will have to try it. As usual you are my guru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to learn how to cook!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails