Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stamped and sealed


Stamped and sealed
Originally uploaded by JuliMil
Soon our presence will be official on this remote road -- USPS will have one more box to fill with junk mail and the odd bill. David needs to hike up the hill with some lumber and tools to rebuild the existing roadside stand. Our part is rotten.

The sun is hot this morning. I had to strip down to almost nothing to finish up the vacuuming. Managed to clean the whole house while listening to Breakfast with the Beatles from 8 to 10, vacuuming during the commercials. Pepper is taking his third or fourth nap of the morning while I sit here looking out at the whitecaps on the water and the mountains way to the east that have slowly emerged from the huge fog bank that hung over the Seattle side. Once the few lingering items in the kitchen sink are washed, I will decide what else to do on this beautiful day, before heading over to Kingston and the ferry. Tonight we're having dinner with Joni and Dennis at the best Vietnamese restaurant in Seattle, the Green Leaf. Just in time, I'm getting a little tired of leftover pasta.

Pepper just teetered out the door to pee and I'll pry myself out of the chair to make a phone call to my garden guru about a box of sawdust.

2 comments:

  1. I love the mailbox!! Stamps! What a great idea. Im assuming you sealed it up well against the rain. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brushed on some acrylic glaze then sprayed it four times with polyurethane. How many coats do you think it should take?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails