Friday, September 26, 2008

Too Much Yellow!

Very risky business undertaken this morning -- I reworked the colors on a "finished" painting that never seemed to my liking.  I think it's better now, more harmonious.  Feeling lots of energy out here in Kingston and it looks like David is, too, as he has been busy working on the cabin renovations, filling in for Jake while he is on his trip to SF.  They've started the tiny but very beautiful bathroom, where I get to try my hand at tiling.  Today we're driving up to Hansville.  David will ride his bike back and I'll stop in at the Dragonfly Nursery again, maybe get a Pacific wax myrtle to keep the little red twigged dogwood company.  Two variegated pieris japonicas are waiting to be planted, too, and the rest of those daffodil bulbs.  It's hard work digging in the rocky soil here but my long-handled claw-type twisty tool that Garry recommended helps immensely.  The first debate is tonight and it will feel good to sit down and watch.  

3 comments:

  1. Lovely moon view and glad to see you are still semi-local. Hope to see you soon.

    Nancy and Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your plans for the tile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zanelle,

    I was going to tile the entire bathroom, then decided on just the shower stall and the floor, now think the floor will be too cold with tile, maybe marmoleum, Yana's suggestion. There's a beautiful 1 inch glass mosaic tile, iridescent, that I'd like to use as a stripe at shoulder height between pale blue-green 4 inch squares. Haven't really decided anything for sure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails